Select to view content in your preferred language

Suddenly unable to add layers in MapViewer and Field Maps Designer, in both Chrome and Edge.

4 weeks ago
MillionMap
New Contributor III

When I try to add add layers in MapViewer and Field Maps Designer, both Chrome and Edge crash.  I get a 'STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION'.  This problem is occurring with all current and past projects. 

24 Replies
eryildiz
New Contributor II

Maybe it works with Arcgis Enterprise only. 

MauroLourenco
New Contributor

When I try to add a layer in ArcgisOnline Map Viewer, it crashes with error code 11.

Chrome version  126.0.6478.127 

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

We have some new information that a suddenly-revoked certificate from a popular cert provider may have had something to do with this. Since the issue is hard to reproduce (intermittent and random) I don't have any other info and due to the nature of it being a security cert, I've only shared the specifics with our ESRI TAM, but if you're one of the org's affected by the suddenly-revoked certificate from a popular cert provider, it's pretty obvious, and something to look into as a cause of this. 

MillionMap
New Contributor III

A coworker in another location from myself was experiencing this error, now she is not.  Yet, I still am.

rdeuterman
New Contributor II

I can confirm after opening a ticket with Esri and speaking with their support that this is a known issue for ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3 when using the latest versions of Chrome and Edge (v.126). They indicated to me that they are working to resolve it ASAP but did not have a timeline to share. 

The only workaround I am currently aware of is to add layers via URL, to use Firefox (maybe other browsers also work?), or to hold off on upgrading Chrome/Edge beyond version 125 which is still stable. I am running the latest version of both and there are risks associated with downgrading your browser version (loss of user data mostly) that are preventing me from attempting to roll back as a solution.