Street Ranges StreetMap NA 2013

10-30-2013 06:46 AM
KrisJohnson1
New Contributor II
I recently extracted the SMNA 2013 data from the .iso files released & downloaded in early August.

In prior releases (dating back to 1996) I have been able to utilize the address range data directly from the Streets attribute table.  Using this data I am able to append USPS Carrier Route information to each street segment.

In the current release of SMNA it appears the customary Left_From, Left_To, Right_From, Right_To attributes have been replaced with F_JNCTID and T_JNCTID which appear to link to routing tables or some other file.

I use ArcGIS Desktop Basic v 10.2.0.3348 and hope (and pray) these changes do not force me to add extensions to access the same attributes I have for the past 17 years.

Thanks in Advance

Kris Johnson
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KrisJohnson1
New Contributor II
After contacting customer support, I have learned that the structure of the streets.sdc has indeed changed
"to improve routing."  Seems they didn't tell anyone about it; it took almost nearly 2 weeks to resolve this.
0 Kudos
JohnBigham
New Contributor
Hi Kris.

So were you able to utilize the new F_JNCTID and T_JNCTID fields in any way to substitute for the customary Left_From, Left_To, Right_From, Right_To attributes in the previous releases? 

As another poster mentioned, they also removed the PLACENAME_L and PLACENAME_R that were always fields available.  Unless I am mistaken, this seems to mean you are essentially prevented from creating any custom address locators based on Streetmap NA now.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? 

Thanks.

John
0 Kudos
KrisJohnson1
New Contributor II

I'm looking at TeleAtlas "FIND" data.

We've come full circle.  We used to purchase TeleAtlas data back in 1996 (ArcMap v.3)

This worked for a few years until better versions of SMNA became part of the package.

0 Kudos
KrisJohnson1
New Contributor II

So were you able to utilize the new F_JNCTID and T_JNCTID fields in any way
to substitute for the customary Left_From, Left_To, Right_From, Right_To attributes in the previous releases? 

As another poster mentioned, they also removed the PLACENAME_L and PLACENAME_R that were always fields available.  Unless I am mistaken, this seems to mean you are essentially prevented from creating any custom address locators based on Streetmap NA now.

John

John:

No I have not, but I'm still looking for the "work around." Strange that this hasn't gotten more replies.

I'm not doing network analysis, I just need the street (left/right, from/to)#, street name, and zips to append carrier route information to the street data.

Thanks

Kris
0 Kudos