Storymap not loading/showing up.

07-29-2019 06:48 AM
KariLeer
New Contributor II

Our storymap was just created and is no longer showing up/loading. Everything is shared publicly but we are using an admin login and still not seeing it. Below is the link, if anyone can provide guidance.

http://portercogov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=a17b9ca3d5da4e6596d42ca2e6073a80 

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I am able to see the story map without a problem, until I scroll to the Porter County section of the map (I can only view the "Start" and "What Is Storm Water" sections). Then it asks me to login, and I can't view it because I'm not a member of the organization. Is this the intended behavior?

I'm using Chrome as my web browser. Have you tried with different browsers?

(also, just wanted to say that the part I can see of the story map looks awesome!  )

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
KariLeer
New Contributor II

I have tried using several different browsers (Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome)...glad that you can see it. Not sure why it's asking you to login, since everything should be shared publicly. Thanks for you response!

0 Kudos
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Kari

I just tried accessing the application in Firefox and can view it fine. However, I'm having issues viewing it past a certain point in Chrome. Weird...

Best,

Jared

0 Kudos
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Kari,

The story map looks great! Sorry that you're experiencing some issues with the application requiring a log in. I experienced the same thing that Katherine mentioned which being booted to the login screen when scrolling past the image of the 'Development and Storm Water Management' sign. 

A lot of times, this can happen if there is a service included within the story map that is not shared publicly, requires credits to use, etc. I would recommend checking the section of the story map after this as well as the rest of the story map to see if there might be any hosted services included, which may not be shared publicly. If the application is meant to be shared publicly, all items within the application should also be shared publicly, including hosted feature layers, web maps, hosted images, etc.

Hope this helps!

-Jared

JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Kari,

So I believe we're getting somewhere here... I noticed that when loading the application, it would only work as expected when I had my Fiddler web traffic tool open. If I didn't have it open, a login was required. With Fiddler tracking the web traffic, it loaded fine. 

I think check the developer tools in the browser by pressing F12 on my keyboard. I noticed that when scrolling past that certain point in the application, an error message would briefly pop up and then disappear. I was able to take a video of it and then capture a screenshot of the error, shown below. 

Do you know if any customization had been implemented with this application near the 'Development and Storm Water Management' sign image? I noticed that when scrolling past successfully with Fiddler open, there was a graph with some more content there.

Best,

Jared

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kari Leer‌ - it looks like a couple web maps aren't shared publicly. If you paste the item ids below into the search bar from the account that built the story map, you should get the maps back for the ids. There might be other things going on with some of the behavior mentioned in the conversation above but this would be what triggers the sign in behavior.

37fbc9cdd48846759edebc14ed0bfee4

c6fc8639a4464ddda9f0d56a26a40780

Cheers,

Chris

KariLeer
New Contributor II

So, I do appreciate all these responses, but I'm starting to think it's a issue with our network...we literally cannot open the story map, even to configure it. I'm attaching a photo of what we see trying to open it, even though we are signed into our admin account.

0 Kudos
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

If you press F12 on your keyboard to open the developer tools > click on Console, do you receive any messages here? You may need to reload the page to receive responses within the window.