Sorting dropdown list alphabetically in Filter Widget in Web AppBuilder?

Jump to solution
10-28-2016 12:47 PM
JessiePechmann
New Contributor

Is there a way to sort the dropdown list alphabetically in the Filter widget in Web AppBuilder? It seems to be a random sort, which is challenging for a user. I have "Ask for values" checked to prompt a user of the app to set their own filter, and the filter is set to Unique. This populates the dropdown list, but in no particular order. I'd love it to sort alphabetically or allow for a default sort to be set.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just for reference you can see the details for the defect here:

BUG-000099321: The Filter widget does not sort alphanumeric values .. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jessie,

Do you have this application shared publicly? I just set up a filter with the following settings:

When I use the Filter widget it does appear to sort those values alphabetically:

Do these settings match with what you have configured? 

Thanks,

Katie

JessiePechmann
New Contributor

Here is a link to the app: http://utah.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=7723c9bb92e9442b8794a6bdad73d01f

My settings look the same as yours. I wonder what is different about your dataset? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to get a Support case created to take a look at this, I will send you a message.

Thank you,

Katie

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jessie,

We've identified a bug with sorting alphanumeric values properly in the Filter widget. We have a planned fixed for the next ArcGIS Online update (scheduled for Dec).

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just for reference you can see the details for the defect here:

BUG-000099321: The Filter widget does not sort alphanumeric values .. 

0 Kudos