So that cool new "Photos with Locations" feature doesn't work

03-22-2019 10:49 AM
BryanDebus2
New Contributor II

I was looking forward to trying this new feature after seeing it in the Plenary at this year's Dev Summit. I grabbed 30 geo-tagged photos (all .jpg) from my iCloud account, uploaded the Zip file to My Content (making sure I chose the "Photos with Locations" content type and checked the "Publish a hosted feature layer" box). And after an infinite loop of "Creating Service..." being displayed in the "Add an item" window... Nothing. I have an Item Details page for an empty Feature Layer, and a seemingly useless Photo Collection with no option to "Publish."

What givesArcGIS Online?

8 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Bryan,

Are you able to share your zip file? I would also suggest reaching out to support if you can't share your file.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
TonyGroeneveld2
New Contributor III

Same result here. Hosted feature layer is empty. Has anybody had any success with this?

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you able to successfully publish these images?

https://urbanobservatory.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=fe4fd43f1aa84c3e8fbcbc0ed3de4613#overview 

Can you share your zipped folder?

-Kelly

TonyGroeneveld2
New Contributor III

Your Joshua Tree photo worked. I've attached a zip file with a single photo that does not work. 

I did receive the following email from ESRI about this on Friday: 

Thanks for reaching out.  Unfortunately, you have encountered a bug with this feature. The team has already found a fix for it, which should be live by Monday. Try again Monday or Tuesday and let us know if you are still having problems.

TonyGroeneveld2
New Contributor III

Works now. Looks like the fix has been implemented.

ConorFlynn
New Contributor III

When I try the linked image zip folder, I get this error on AGOL:  

Error
There was an error while adding this item.

And this error in Portal:
Error

Cannot perform operation. Invalid operation parameters.

0 Kudos
BryanDebus2
New Contributor II

I tried again with the new June update. I used one of the same ZIP files as before, and everything worked great! I had photos from my phone to the new Attachment Viewer in minutes. Also, Attachment Viewer... yay!!

0 Kudos
ConorFlynn
New Contributor III

When I try to upload a zip file of photos, I get this error:  "Cannot perform operation. Invalid operation parameters."  I have tried different photos, different numbers of photos.  All of my photos are from an iPhone.

0 Kudos