.slpk file - Good in Arc Pro, but acting strange in ArcGis Online

08-02-2018 09:24 AM
CharlesKrugger
New Contributor II

Hello GeoNet Friends!

I am working with some a tiled 3D model that I built with Agisofts Photoscan and exported as Scene Layer Package.

I have an interesting situation going on when I try and add the .slpk file to "My Scene" in ArcGis Online (AGO).  

I opened the same file in ArcGis Pro, and was able to view it and it displayed nicely as a 3D map, however when I load it into AGO the resulting model is very strange looking, built with irregular shaped polygons, and the surface (texture) is a repeating image collage from a section of the model.  The location is correct, the measure tool is giving accurate measurements and the shape of features in the model are accurate ( for example the shape of the farm is clearly identifiable: See attachment) so it appears there is no problem with the geographic elements of the file.  To me it seems like possibly the surface/texture file is not being loaded properly? I am not sure, and I have looked around online but have not seen anyone with any similar issues. I am wondering how to fix this issue.

It is worth mentioning that in AGO, when I am zoomed out a bit I can see the model is loaded and displayed properly but as soon as I zoom in on it, it starts populating the model with the strange surfaces that I mentioned earlier in the post. (See attached Document with screenshots)

Also, I tried viewing it in different browsers (Google Chrome and Internet Explorer) and was still getting the same erroneous results.

Any thoughts? 

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos
13 Replies
CharlesKrugger
New Contributor II

Thank you, Andrew for your help and for bringing this to peoples attention.  

This would be so helpful to find a solution, I would really appreciate it!  

Many Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

I discussed this with the Web Scene team and it looks like the Web Scene will always access the compressed textures for performance reasons. There's no way for it to switch to the JPEG textures in the scene service. Right now, the scene layer package or scene service will display properly if its consumed in a desktop client such as ArcGIS Pro. Our internal contact who can reach out to Agisoft is out of the office but as soon as he is back i'll have him reach out to them so we can get this fixed as quickly as possible.  Vytautas mentoned osgb but one thing with the new Create Integrated Mesh tool is that it requires a stricter naming convention in this first release so i'm not sure if the output from Photoscan will work as input to the tool unless that is something you want to test. Sorry for the bad news but my hope is this is something Agisoft can fix quickly!

VytautasGipiskis
Esri Contributor

You mentioned OpenSceneGraph layer output option. Have a look to the new ArcGIS Pro capability:

Create Integrated Mesh Scene Layer Package—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop -

Creates a scene layer package from OpenSceneGraph binary (OSGB) data.

VinicioPeña_Mena
New Contributor

How can I import 3d tiled model from PhotoScan in ArcGis Pro? Can someone help me please...

0 Kudos