Select to view content in your preferred language

Sketch Layer functions not working with Safari

09-18-2023 10:56 AM
kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

I'm using a MacBook Pro 16" 2021 with MacOS 13.5.2 and Safari 16.6.

When I try to create a point a Stamp in a Sketch Layer by clicking on a point on my map, no stamp is created.

Similarly, when I try to create a Line using the line tool, same behavior.

And with Text tool.

Please see attached movie for exact behavior.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided here.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi,  sorry to hear this isn't working for you -  Can you confirm that this is working for you with this same webmap in a different browser? So far we have been unable to reproduce this issue with a similar configuration. Is it possible you have accidentally set a layer as a reference layer in the basemap? This layer would always draw over the sketch layer.  

0 Kudos
kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

Hi @ZaraMatheson,

Thank you very much for your reply.

All the Sketch functions work perfectly in Chrome, with exactly the same map. Just not in Safari. (Sorry, I put this in my video narration but not in the text of my post.)

Being a novice to ArcGIS, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by  "accidentally set a layer as a reference layer in the basemap". If you still think that's a possibility, would you mind giving me more step-by-step instructions to learn if that's the case.

Sincerely,

Ken

0 Kudos
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi Ken, There is some information on reference layers here in step 5.  , but if the same map is working for you in chrome, that is probably not the issue. Do you have the same issues in safari trying to use sketch in a different map? If so, it might be best to go through support and have them help troubleshoot the issue. 

0 Kudos
kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

The problem persists when I load another map.

I did notice that if I switch to Map Viewer Classic, and use Map Notes, I can use all the functions as expected, so it's something with the new map viewer and Safari. I'll let support know but at least now I have a workaround without having to switch to Chrome.

0 Kudos