Selecting feature in ArcGIS Online App is over-generalized

09-17-2018 03:27 PM
DanHoffman1
New Contributor III

I've noticed this happen recently with an app I made in Web App Builder.  In the screenshots here you'll see when I select these polygons, how generalized they are...even with a parcel that probably has 4 vertices!  We published this service using ArcGIS Server, going to a server that has 10.6.1.  I don't recall this ever being an issue with ArcGIS .  Prior to publishing, I'm not seeing any options to configure a selection to generalize over a certain number of vertices (again, never had this issue until recently).  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Dan

Selecting a Land Use Policy polygon - fair number of vertices

Selecting a Parcel - very few vertices

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dan, I reported this as well. Yes it's definitely an official bug with Server 10.61 and June 2018 AGOL update. They will be fixing it in the next AGOL and Server releases.  I can't say more I think due to NDA except to say.. very "soon".

bug: feature popup outline is mis-shapen in ArcGIS Online  

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

This will be updated tonight Pacific time. Give it a test tomorrow to confirm that its addressed for you.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So is this issue specific to AGS 10.6.1 services that are being used in Web App Builder apps in AGOL?  I ask because I do not see this behavior in a Web App Builder app in AGOL that is consuming AGS 10.5.1 services.

0 Kudos
DanHoffman1
New Contributor III

I think this may be.  Most of our apps are consuming 10.6 services, but I have one that is consuming 10.3 services, and I'm not seeing that behavior either.

0 Kudos
DanHoffman1
New Contributor III

Thanks Kelly...appreciate it!

0 Kudos
DanHoffman1
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly.  I tested it this morning and looks like you have resolved the issue.  Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dan Hoffman‌ And if you swap out API to 3.26 it will fix it for you in WAB too.

https://community.esri.com/thread/220202-bug-feature-popup-outline-is-mis-shapen-in-arcgis-online 

0 Kudos