Search tool on mobile affected by popup keypad?

03-09-2020 02:08 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

When using the #search widget in a Web App Builder app on mobile (Android), I am getting a new odd behavior.  If the soft keypad that pops up to enter the address or other search term is active when the user hits the magnifying glass or one of the suggestions (or "Go" on the keypad), the resulting zoom or pan doesn't place the result in the center of the screen.  Instead, the zoom/pan acts as if the keypad is still showing and pushes the result to the top of the screen, typically immediately under the still-active search box.

If I type in the search text, then dismiss the keypad before hitting the magnifying glass or tapping the suggestion, the zoom behaves as expected.

This seems to be a recent behavior change and is affecting all our WAB mobile apps.  The only recent  global change we've made is to switch to the "enforce https access" for AGOL and it is hard to see how that could be an issue.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I see this exact same behavior on mobile apps from other organizations.  Maybe this is a device-dependent behavior?  I'm using an Android Galaxy S9 (Android software v10).  

Does everyone else see this same behavior on their mobile apps?  This is way sub-optimal behavior.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos