Search Organization Content by Data Source

Jump to solution
02-17-2021 11:17 AM
ChrissyRothgeb
New Contributor III

I'm looking for a way to search my organization's content by data source. I was notified by an external agency that they are still receiving hits to a server they are sunsetting. I'd like to try and figure out which items in our org reference their old rest services so I can get the content owner to update the source to the new server. Is there a way I can do this from the AGOL web interface? If not, is there a way I can do this otherwise, maybe using Python? Thank you for any ideas!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

I would be happy to hear there is an elegant, quick solution for this. So far I've been resorting to Python and brute force to accomplish it. Here's a Notebook that I have used for such purposes:

Find Where Data Source is Used

If you have a lot of content, this process can take awhile.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

I would be happy to hear there is an elegant, quick solution for this. So far I've been resorting to Python and brute force to accomplish it. Here's a Notebook that I have used for such purposes:

Find Where Data Source is Used

If you have a lot of content, this process can take awhile.

ChrissyRothgeb
New Contributor III

Thank you so much, @PeterKnoop - this did exactly what I needed! I never did end up finding the item referencing the old server, but I verified the Notebook was indeed able to locate other sources, so I'm guessing the item was changed before I found it. In any case, I feel better knowing I can track down this sort of information in this manner. I really appreciate the help!

0 Kudos