Search features not availabe in Application Settings of Web Map

02-15-2016 06:20 AM
DaveAugspurger
New Contributor III

I've published a service and added it to a Web Map in ArcGIS Online.  When I Edit the map and scroll down to Properties/Application Settings, only Routing, Measure Tool, and Basemap Selector are available (and checked).  From what I've read, I should see an option to enable Search here.  I check the Service Editor (in ArcMap) and Query is checked under Capabilities/Mapping. 

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

In the web maps that I have published, I see a "Find Locations" option under Basemap selector. I wonder if it is due to the basemap I have chosen as my default basemap on my web map. What basemap is listed in your web map?

0 Kudos
DaveAugspurger
New Contributor III

I don't see what you are describing in my map.  I'm using Streets as the default basemap.  There is a Search function along the top (top right) which has text within it that says "Find address or place".  I just don't see anything that would allow me to search the features I've added to the map from our ArcGIS web server.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

That's a tough one. Are all of your layers set to public? Were you sure to allow Feature Access to your published layer (not just Tile Mapping)?

KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Dave...I believe Adrian Welsh​ is referring to the Item Details page for your web map.  In order to see and configure the "Find Locations" option you will need to go to the Item Details page for your web map, click the EDIT button, and then scroll to the bottom of the Properties section.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kyle, that's exactly what is needed! Thanks for sharing the Configure feature search document. (At least I hope that works).

0 Kudos
DaveAugspurger
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response.  I was following that linked help file before and is what I was referencing in my initial post when I said 'from what I've read'.  I go down to Properties and I don't see any options for Find Locations.  I only see 3 things under Application Settings:  Routing, Measure Tool, and Basemap Selector.  If I am understanding the help file and responses above, I should see an option to enable Find Locations or Search...which I don't.webmap.JPG

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to share a link to your map?

0 Kudos
DaveAugspurger
New Contributor III

No, not publicly.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Okay Dave,

Can you do the following:

As admin go to

organization settings > security.

See if "allow access to organization through HTTPS" is checked on. Can you turn this off temporarily and see if feature search appears?

0 Kudos