Schema Changes not allowed for service.

09-20-2017 03:25 PM
deleted-user-yMSQSHvui0e5
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add a field to an AGOL hosted feature service and am getting the above error. I can't find any setting that changes anything and it's quite problematic. I'm in the item details page, under the "data" tab.

I'm the data owner, and editing is currently set to disabled. There are two views configured from the original Feature Service, with editing disabled on both. I've tried with it enabled without any luck as well. I've also tried adding a field by opening the FeatureService in ArcGIS Pro without any luck.

Anyone have a similar issue? Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ray,

You can make schema changes to the primary hosted feature layer if Views are enabled. Are you modifying the primary layer?

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Are you receiving and error message or are you unable to see the add/remove field tool?

-Kelly

New Contributor III

I'm trying to modify the primary service, I have access to the add/remove field tool but it's giving me the error message:

Error - Not Supported. Schema changes are not allowed for service.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Are you able to share the service?

Have any replica's been created for offline editing?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Sure, whats your AGOL username? I'll create a group and add you to it.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

kgerrow_cloudygis

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Sent you an invite.

As far as I know there should be no replicas created for offline editing. Is there a way to check?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hey Ray,

You can check for Replicas by adding /replicas to the end of your feature service url.

I can't find anything specific to what is causing the issue for you so I suggest getting in contact with Support Services.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks, wasn't aware of that. I've opened a support ticket.

TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

Ray, 

Did you get a resolution to this issue?  I ran in to the same thing this afternoon with a similar configuration (hosted feature layer + view) and this post is the only thing I found that matches the error.

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos