Save Layer Styles

Jump to solution
08-05-2020 11:41 AM
HeatherHerrmann2
Occasional Contributor

Hello.

I am curious if there is a function in ArcGIS Online that will allow me to save layers as if I were saving a layer file in ArcMap?  I think it would serve me well to have something like that for layers I use regularly instead of having to manually change each feature to the custom symbol I like to use.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Heather,

If you want layer settings (symbology, pop-ups, visibility range etc) to be maintained no matter what map the layer is pulled into, you can make changes at the layer level in the Visualization tab of the Item Details page.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Heather,

If you want layer settings (symbology, pop-ups, visibility range etc) to be maintained no matter what map the layer is pulled into, you can make changes at the layer level in the Visualization tab of the Item Details page.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
HeatherHerrmann2
Occasional Contributor

That's exactly what I was looking for!  Still getting my feet wet in AGOL and really enjoying it so far. This will save a lot of time!

Thank you so much Katherine! 

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad I could help! Don't forget to make sure to mark this question as answered to close it out.  

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek