Remove "Other" in Web Scene Legend

07-06-2020 08:36 AM
BrianE
by
Occasional Contributor II

Why is AGOL generating an "Other" category in my scene legend if I don't have anything for "Other" (see screenshots below)?

How can I turn this off?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brian E‌, 

As there is less ability to modify the legend in a web scene as opposed to a web map, you will need to toggle this off from your hosted feature layer's item details page. Select Visualization > then Change style > choose Options under Types (unique symbols):

Then toggle off the checkbox for 'Other' (shown above) > select OK > then Done > then Save the layer. Then when adding the layer to a web scene, 'Other' will be absent from the legend. 

Hope this helps, let me know if there are any questions about this workflow. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
BrianE
by
Occasional Contributor II

I was told by someone at esri that this was a bug.

Also, what to do if I publish from a scene layer package and there is no feature class?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brian E‌,

Thanks for the response. My mistake, I should have assumed you were working with a scene layer. You're right, this is a bug - I found the record internally. I logged it as BUG-000132826 so we can better track progress on it, and know when other customers run into it. If you would like to attach your account please email me at pklingman@esri.com with your customer number.

-Peter 

0 Kudos