Relationship Classes and Pop-Ups

12-12-2012 02:24 PM
CourtneyBrozovsky
New Contributor
Hi,

I am able to add a service that has a data layer with attachments and the attachments appear in the pop-up I've configured.

However, when I try to add a different data layer with a relationship class (and the table is saved in the mxd) I cannot use any of the fields in the related table for the pop-up. Is this a known limitation or is there a workaround?

Also, when I add a new data layer to a service with pop-ups that have already been configured, it messes up all of the pop-ups for
the other layers below the drawing...I'm assuming because it generates pop-ups best on the REST endpoint and I change those when a new layer is added. Does anyone know of a work around or solution? The services I manage will be updated regularly and it would  be a shame to update pop-ups every time a new data source is added.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor
The relationship class problem is a known issue, and it's logged as the following enhancement request:

[ NIM084343 - Add support for table relates and relationship classes in hosted feature services  ]

I'll look into the other issue you're seeing.
0 Kudos
CourtneyBrozovsky
New Contributor
Thank you for your attention to this, Steve.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It's a limitation of the web map that it can't adjust to changes in the REST endpoint.

However, I believe if you saves the popups on the item I think it should be fine. There is an option in the layer context menu to "Save Item Properties" In general, this is a better workflow because if you then add the item to another map, you don't need to define the popups (or symbology) again as it is saved in the item. If you find any issues, post it here.

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
CourtneyBrozovsky
New Contributor
Thanks, Mike. I will give that a try.
0 Kudos
CathleenAlmberg
New Contributor
same issue for us - we are creating an arcgis online application of DOT crash data. We have 11 tables per year, for a 5 year span, that have a 1 to many relationship with crash location features. A join won't work and if there is no Arcgis Online solution I'll have to set my user up with arcview - which I really don't want to do. Any update on the fix?
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
Cathleen,
To avoid using an ArcView license, what about adding the map service to ArcGIS Explorer Desktop? I don't know how the relationships will act. It may be worth a test.
0 Kudos