Related Tables from Portal to ArcMap

08-29-2019 04:28 AM
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

I have a file geodatabase, that contains a point feature, table, and relationship b/w the feature and table.  I've uploaded that to Portal and have added that feature service to ArcMap.

I'm able to click on the point feature in ArcMap to view the related records that the field crews are capturing via Survey123.

An issue I'm having is not being able to see the table in the 'List By Source' view of the TOC in ArcMap.  I can see the point feature, but can't access the table to change the default display field (currently is set to objectid, but want it to show the inspection date; so when I identify the point feature and drill down to the related table, I can see the records by inspection date).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jason Cyphers‌ - 

Just to be clear about your workflow here - are you adding the Feature Layer from the Portal dialog in ArcMap? What's the version of ArcMap you're working with?

I took a quick look at a Feature Layer with a related table in ArcMap on my side and am seeing the same behavior. I opened the same Feature Layer in ArcGIS Pro and was able to see my related tables in the TOC (both in list by source and in drawing order). In Pro, you can change the default display field for the related table from the table's properties dialog. If you have access to ArcGIS Pro on your end I would give it a shot here - working with Web Layers generally is much improved from ArcMap as well. 

Hope this helps,

Peter

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

I'm running ArcMap 10.6, and have tried adding the portal feature service via Add Data > My Hosted Services, as well as File > ArcGIS Portal > search for feature service > Add.  Neither give me access to the table.

It's odd though... when I first added several feature services to ArcMap, all with related tables, I was able to see and modify one's table attributes in ArcMap; however, now when I add that same feature service, the table doesn't show up in the TOC.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for the note on this. 

I tested this a little bit further and I think you need to access the Hosted Service via the ArcGIS Server connection to see the related table. Make a user connection to ArcGIS Server, then add the service to the MXD from this location. All of your Hosted services, by default, will be in the Hosted Folder in the ArcGIS Server connection. 

Reference: Connect to ArcGIS Server from ArcGIS Desktop—ArcGIS Server (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS Ent... 

Let me know if this works,

-Peter

0 Kudos