Related records don't display in new Map Viewer but do in old Map Viewer

02-07-2022 07:13 AM
Labels (3)
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to figure out why one of my web maps is unable to access the related table. When I open the webmap in the old map viewer, I see the "Show Related Records" at the bottom of the popup, however, when I open the same webmap in the new map viewer this does not exist.

I do have another webmap that contains a layer with a related table and it works just fine with the new map viewer.

I would really like to avoid re-creating the table/layers/relationship...

55 Replies
User35489
Occasional Contributor III

In my case, after upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.9 to 11.1, the related records disappeared, when I tried to view from Map Viewer.

The in-memory relate was made on a column with integer data type. When I changed(the whole process of transforming field) the relate field's data type from integer to text, the related records appeared again.

Hope this will help someone struck with a similar case.

JamesFotyAPD
New Contributor II

I'm surprised that this feature still has not been rolled out for Enterprise Portal or for non-hosted feature layers in AGOL. Some of the functionality is already included in dashboards and Experience Builder, which allow for custom relates based on a single field. Functionality like that in the map viewer would be pretty cool.

bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

I am going to be cautiously optimistic here...  In the ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 Issues Addressed List document there are actual Enhancements for Editing related records (ex:ENH-000162552 Provide ability to edit related records for feature-to-table relationships in the Map Viewer.)    

Kevin_MacLeod
New Contributor III

I can confirm, it still doesn't work in 2024.  I'm going the Classic Map Viewer route.   It is hard to understate the importance of relates; every Big Customer uses them for inspections. For many Big Customers, data will remain on SDE in SQL Server. SDE/SQL can do a lot that AGOL/Portal can't, by design. (SQL views, granular security management)  There are various reasons to keep things out of Portal federation. Server/Enterprise/ProductName and SDE are where Big Customers store Important Data.  'Classic stack' stand-alone server, classic map viewer, WebApp Builder, ArcMap often provide mission-critical capability like relates that new Map Viewer, Portal, ExpB, Pro lack.  I know they'll get there but I'll inquire on this at Dev Conf with product teams.  edit: I added to classic map viewer and my inspection app was up and running in WebApp Builder and Field Maps in under a minute for real. I understand MVC in ExpB and 3D/VR/ probably AI soon in the JSAPI 4 but the old stuff provides capability; just works, and the interface is efficient and intuitive.  TL;DR:  use classic map viewer for now. 

MiralemZeljo1
Occasional Contributor

I hope Esri will do something about this and make relationship tables easier to manage in new maps/applications. It would be great if they would allow data joins and table edits inside table widget.

AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Could really do with this being fixed.  I'm a big fan of the new map viewer and would love to leave classic behind...  hope its included in 11.2.