Related records don't display in new Map Viewer but do in old Map Viewer

02-07-2022 07:13 AM
Labels (3)
luckachi
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to figure out why one of my web maps is unable to access the related table. When I open the webmap in the old map viewer, I see the "Show Related Records" at the bottom of the popup, however, when I open the same webmap in the new map viewer this does not exist.

I do have another webmap that contains a layer with a related table and it works just fine with the new map viewer.

I would really like to avoid re-creating the table/layers/relationship...

56 Replies
AndreaB_
Frequent Contributor

I feel the same way about ArcGIS Pro vs. ArcMap!! 😁 lol. Although I was able to transition mostly to ArcGIS Pro now after a long 2.5 years.

0 Kudos
bsanders69
Frequent Contributor
I was able to jump on the Pro ship long ago and have not looked back to ArcMap and do not miss it at all! 3 major issues to get to drop ArcMap:
* Attribute Assistant rules
* Migration from geometric to utility Network
* Rules in Pro completely makes entire dataset inaccessible in ArcMap

All Major Issues...
0 Kudos
IgorAtamanchuk
Occasional Contributor

Seems like here is an Idea, I guess it needs votes to get somewhere.
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-ideas/make-layers-and-their-related-records-fully/id...

bsanders69
Frequent Contributor

ESRI just now released Relationships (Feature>Feature, Feature>Table, Table to Table and 1:1 and 1:M (not M:M) ArcGIS Online only.  Who knows how long and what release this will show BACK up in Enterprise?   

0 Kudos
AndreaB_
Frequent Contributor

lots of info out there in the community about this topic. Here is a semi-related Idea I posted https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/map-viewer-forms-related-records-support-for-table... 

An Esri blog here: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/introducing-related-record-editing-i... with some related comments at the bottom.

luckachi
Frequent Contributor

After 2 years since posting this I am amazed that there is still no solution for displaying or editing related feature layers and tables that are hosted on a local ArcGIS server? 

bsanders69
Frequent Contributor
I whole-heartedly agree that dropping this was a serious and still an issue years later! As well as having virtually no input from ESRI about this issue's importance or future. I have my doubts that Enterprise will follow suit at some future release, but we can't have that, so it is one of the things keeping us @ 10.9.1 and the Classic viewer. This option too, is starting to not work well in some cases...ArcPro marches on, but map functionality has been broken on several occasions using the 'doomed' classic viewer!
0 Kudos
bsanders69
Frequent Contributor

It is not just amazing that AGOL does not deal with relationships as they are built on the fly, but relationship classes in an Enterprise RDBMS (emphasis on the "R" for relational) are still ignored in the new map editor.  The (Classic) editor, I believe, is no longer supported in 11.1 and probably not included with Enterprise at all!  

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

If it's worth anything, classic map viewer is indeed included in 11.1, and my organization has a few maps that I've deliberately not touched since upgrading from 10.8.1 because I'm relying on relationships being recognized there. Not great, but you can still leverage classic viewer.

0 Kudos
bsanders69
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update on 11.1.  At least they have still included the classic editor so that it is possible, just the classic viewer is getting further and further out of date, functionally even at 10.9.1, ,but have tried some solutions that require the new viewer to display properly. 

I started this thread almost 2 years ago and I still have no idea when this will be fully resolved.

0 Kudos