Related records don't display in new Map Viewer but do in old Map Viewer

02-07-2022 07:13 AM
Labels (3)
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to figure out why one of my web maps is unable to access the related table. When I open the webmap in the old map viewer, I see the "Show Related Records" at the bottom of the popup, however, when I open the same webmap in the new map viewer this does not exist.

I do have another webmap that contains a layer with a related table and it works just fine with the new map viewer.

I would really like to avoid re-creating the table/layers/relationship...

55 Replies
CalenDaugherty
New Contributor III

This page has a pretty good summary of the retired/modified workflows from 10.9.1 to 11

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/get-started/latest/windows/considerations-for-upgrades-to-11-0-and-...

0 Kudos
rescuemap
New Contributor III

@ZachBodenner Absolutely maddening the lack of support for basic functionality - especially when you consider the cost of implementing and running an Enterprise installation. Esri needs to focus on the core functionality of apps and NOT on endless shiny demo worthy nonsense that will NEVER work in production. Even the AGOL related records implementation doesn't work in Experience Builder, it's an absolute mess and heads should be rolling. I guess when you thing you're the only game in town you can do whatever you want. However the tide I think is turning and people will move away from the user hostile monolith that is esri, we're stuck with it in the meantime however.

loum
by
New Contributor III

Any update about related record can be display on new map viewer? I have been used it on classic map viewer but unable to find on new map viewer.

Thank you!

bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

No idea anymore as we are stuck in Enterprise 10.9.1 for a very long time due to ArcMap rule migration to attribute rules and other 3rd party products that still use only ArcMap...I know there was potentially some change in AGO around the UC, but to my knowledge, it may still be an issue in Enterprise.

MarkEastwood
Occasional Contributor II

How is this still not available? Absolutely mind blowing that I can't access related records on non hosted layers in the "new" map viewer. 

DarrylAlbert
New Contributor III

Hung out to dry by ESRI with existing maps and content.  It appears the design, or lack thereof, of the new map viewer was done by the same people as ArcGIS Pro. 

Kat
by
New Contributor II

so this is still not available even in enterprise 11.1 with the new map viewer? It is hard to believe so i'm just looking for some confirmation here before i decide to run an upgrade from 10.9.1 to 11.1 for this reason. thanks!

IgorAtamanchuk
New Contributor III

Unfortunately not. We are on 11.1 and still cannot see related records in a pop-up. So far I do not know a single person who enjoys the new map viewer. 

ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

I enjoy it a lot actually, the big issue is that it was released as an unfinished product (which is quite frankly less than acceptable). It's a clear upgrade on map viewer classic when you compare the features they have in common.

IgorAtamanchuk
New Contributor III

That's awesome, really hope I will enjoy it too when all the lost functionality is back in place. I must admit it has some cool features in comparison with the classic one, but they cannot be used when basic functionality is missing.

0 Kudos