Related records don't display in new Map Viewer but do in old Map Viewer

02-07-2022 07:13 AM
luckachi
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to figure out why one of my web maps is unable to access the related table. When I open the webmap in the old map viewer, I see the "Show Related Records" at the bottom of the popup, however, when I open the same webmap in the new map viewer this does not exist.

I do have another webmap that contains a layer with a related table and it works just fine with the new map viewer.

I would really like to avoid re-creating the table/layers/relationship...

56 Replies
User35489
Frequent Contributor

In my case, after upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.9 to 11.1, the related records disappeared, when I tried to view from Map Viewer.

The in-memory relate was made on a column with integer data type. When I changed(the whole process of transforming field) the relate field's data type from integer to text, the related records appeared again.

Hope this will help someone struck with a similar case.

JamesFotyAPD
Emerging Contributor

I'm surprised that this feature still has not been rolled out for Enterprise Portal or for non-hosted feature layers in AGOL. Some of the functionality is already included in dashboards and Experience Builder, which allow for custom relates based on a single field. Functionality like that in the map viewer would be pretty cool.

bsanders69
Frequent Contributor

I am going to be cautiously optimistic here...  In the ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 Issues Addressed List document there are actual Enhancements for Editing related records (ex:ENH-000162552 Provide ability to edit related records for feature-to-table relationships in the Map Viewer.)    

Kevin_MacLeod
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm, it still doesn't work in 2024.  I'm going the Classic Map Viewer route.   It is hard to understate the importance of relates; every Big Customer uses them for inspections. For many Big Customers, data will remain on SDE in SQL Server. SDE/SQL can do a lot that AGOL/Portal can't, by design. (SQL views, granular security management)  There are various reasons to keep things out of Portal federation. Server/Enterprise/ProductName and SDE are where Big Customers store Important Data.  'Classic stack' stand-alone server, classic map viewer, WebApp Builder, ArcMap often provide mission-critical capability like relates that new Map Viewer, Portal, ExpB, Pro lack.  I know they'll get there but I'll inquire on this at Dev Conf with product teams.  edit: I added to classic map viewer and my inspection app was up and running in WebApp Builder and Field Maps in under a minute for real. I understand MVC in ExpB and 3D/VR/ probably AI soon in the JSAPI 4 but the old stuff provides capability; just works, and the interface is efficient and intuitive.  TL;DR:  use classic map viewer for now. 

MiralemZeljo1
Frequent Contributor

I hope Esri will do something about this and make relationship tables easier to manage in new maps/applications. It would be great if they would allow data joins and table edits inside table widget.

AnneTetley
Frequent Contributor

Could really do with this being fixed.  I'm a big fan of the new map viewer and would love to leave classic behind...  hope its included in 11.2.

MetralAlexis
Regular Contributor

I there, I had a similar issue explained in that post. Using a Feature Service instead of a Map Service brings the related tables and it's possible to add the related records in the Popup. However, it's not practical at all, you can see the related records one by one only and there is no "Show related records" option to automatically open the related table filtered with the related records of the selected feature.

0 Kudos