Related Record Pop-up Support for ArcGIS Server Services?

11-30-2022 08:51 AM
Labels (3)
ColinBergmann
New Contributor III

@BernSzukalski  In the November update of ArcGIS Online (What's New in ArcGIS Online (November 2022) (esri.com)), support for showing related records in pop-ups was enabled for the new map viewer, but only for hosted services :(. This is a big issue for us, as most of the projects I work on use Server services, and we cannot migrate to the new map viewer until this feature is supported. I can't seem to find any info on the road map for this so was wondering if anyone knows when/if related records in pop-ups will be supported for Server services. Thanks! 

ColinBergmann_0-1669827129780.png

12 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is planned for the release around Q1 2023

ColinBergmann
New Contributor III

Thank you @RussRoberts ! This is very helpful.

ColinBergmann
New Contributor III

@RussRoberts I wanted to check back on this since we're coming up on Q4 and related records for server services are still not supported. Any update on timeline for the release? Thank you!

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@RussRoberts I wanted to check-in and see what the outlook for this is?  I see it didn't make it into the AGOL updates this last week.

ColinBergmann
New Contributor III

@RussRoberts Just wanted to echo @ArmstKP 's request for an update. My team would very much like to have a sense of when this will be supported. 

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently not changes in this support today.  The only additional related record update this release was Feature to Feature editing.  We are still looking into this as we continue expanding the support for related records across the popup and table. 

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@RussRoberts @ColinBergmann Organizations like ours are stuck using the Classic Map Viewer because the New Map Viewer and all of the Instant Apps don't support related records coming from an ArcGIS Server.  This seems like a strange hole in ESRI's ArcGIS Online capabilities....

santamariaa
New Contributor III

@RussRoberts Is this on any roadmap for 2024?

ColinBergmann
New Contributor III

@CkRuss Just wanted to re-iterate @santamariaa s question here. Any sense of where on the roadmap this will be? We're still stuck on the old map viewer because of this limitation...

This article from 2022 said it was in the works but nothing about a timeline....any info would be greatly appreciated!

@LaurenBallantyne @PaulBarker 

0 Kudos