Select to view content in your preferred language

Record in Attribute Table Disappers When Selected as "Inactive" in Lifecycle Status Field

08-21-2024 01:05 PM
Labels (3)
EggandNog
Emerging Contributor

We’re facing a puzzling issue with a feature layer titled "Permits" in an ArcGIS Online (AGOL) map that we inherited. The layer is stored in AGOL and is accessible through ArcGIS Pro. When we make edits to this layer in ArcGIS Pro, the changes automatically update the Permits layer in AGOL.

The problem involves a field in the Permits layer called "Lifecycle." This field includes a drop-down menu with three options: Active, Inactive, and Abandoned. We’ve noticed that when a record’s "Lifecycle" value is set to Inactive, the record disappears from the attribute table in both ArcGIS Pro and AGOL.

We’ve been unable to determine why this happens. There doesn’t seem to be a definition query applied to the layer, and the symbology only includes two classes: Active and Abandoned. To investigate further, I copied the symbology from the original Permits layer in AGOL to a copy of the Permits layer that I then downloaded and  saved on my laptop. In this standalone version, when I set a record to Inactive, it doesn’t disappear—it just becomes invisible.

We’re unsure why the record is disappearing in the AGOL Permits layer but not in the copied version on my laptop. Any insights or assistance with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

If you are seeing this behavior when you load an AGOL HFS, I suspect there is a filter saved in the feature service itself.

View the item details page, then the visualization tab.

RhettZufelt_0-1724274898357.png

If there is a filter set, press the Clear all, then make sure to press the Save button in the upper left.

If this was the case, you should now see the inactive records now.

R_

0 Kudos
EggandNog
Emerging Contributor

Thank you. There didn't seem to be a filter on it, but when I clicked Add New it opened a filter with data in it. Would that filter have been there before?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

No, if there wasn't a filter there with the Clear all button, then this was not the issue.

R_

0 Kudos