Select to view content in your preferred language

"Update Features" Unavailable

Jump to solution
Tuesday
JonahCrooks
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to append data to a Feature Layer that I own. When I click the "Update Data" button, it gives me the options "Add Features", "Update Features", "Add and Update", or "Overwrite an Entire Feature". It sounds like "Update Features" is the option I want, but all the options except for "Add" are grayed out, and the message "This feature service only supports adding new features" is at the top of the screen.

Why am I not able to update features? Is this a problem with organizational permissions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@JonahCrooks It sounds like you have sync enabled on your dataset. Can you check if that is the case? If so, then yes only adding features is supported because appending data into existing features that are syncing may cause data loss. Hopefully that helps 😁

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jonah,

May be reading through the following may help

Updating data in ArcGIS Online just got a whole lot easier

Also, may be under Layer > Settings in AGOL check the following

Ed__0-1727804034250.png

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@JonahCrooks It sounds like you have sync enabled on your dataset. Can you check if that is the case? If so, then yes only adding features is supported because appending data into existing features that are syncing may cause data loss. Hopefully that helps 😁