"Layer not drawing in AGOL"

Jump to solution
11-13-2018 05:56 AM
ManuSharma1
New Contributor III

I try to publish my mxd(10.4) as FILE> Share as> service. But any how in AGOL feature layer hosted successfully with some exception(full extent). Issue's are:

1. when I visualise each layer it show in AGOl, but when I view in mapviewer. few layer showing drawing order problem.
  2. I exported problem layer's in a single FGDB, again publish it showing me again same problem.

Jayanta PoddarXander Bakker‌#ArcGISDesktop to AGOL

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

What error message are you getting, specifically? Are you able to share the data you're working with?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

What error message are you getting, specifically? Are you able to share the data you're working with?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ManuSharma1
New Contributor III

No I can't. But you can ask me about data type. Thank you.
I will again rephrase it.

I have one mxd which have many feature classes. All feature feature classes get data from different FGDB & shape file. I have fixed templete,tag issues. Thn I saved my mxd. after that I loging in ArcGIS Online in ArcMap. Share the MXD share as service definition file. It shown me message of successful published. 

Now when I log  in on AGOL using my same credential. Go to my content, I can do visualisation individual feature hosted layer but when I view all layer it show me three feature class "layer not drawing completely". result of that I can not visualise them in AGOL.

Thank you

M

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm....it seems like that could be caused by several things. Is it an extremely large data set? It could also be an issue with the geometry, in which case you would need to run the "repair geometry" tool in ArcMap and then republish. You could also try rebuilding the spatial indexes through the feature layer settings tab, that's helped me a few times in the past, when point feature layers weren't drawing even though there were only a few points in them.

You might also have better luck calling Esri support so you can do a screenshare session and show them exactly what's going on. 

Best of luck!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos