"Layer is not in the webmap:Service Area" Error?!

Jump to solution
01-10-2017 02:14 PM
deleted-user-LNABNwA5CZcD
New Contributor III

This is a new one that I cannot seem to find an answer for.

I am trying to upload state senate and house districts to create a searchable map via Information Lookup Web App. I've done this before with no problem. Given the recent elections, I wanted to do new ones with the Carolinas merged (I previously did separate house and senate maps for NC then again for SC; wanted to cut the maps down to two total).

The House of Representatives map and app were no problem and work fine.

The Senate one keeps giving me a bizarre message that doesn't seem to be functional -- just annoying and not something I want confusing people. The message is "Layer is not in the webmap:Service Area" exactly like that (no spaces around colon). I have played with everything I thought I could and tried re-uploading the feature. The weirdest part is that everything with the House version happened in parallel and is fine. What's going on?! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This error can appear if no lookup layer has been configured. Have you set a lookup layer in the application configuration?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This error can appear if no lookup layer has been configured. Have you set a lookup layer in the application configuration?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-LNABNwA5CZcD
New Contributor III

Here was the weird thing -- I did this in two Apps in parallel. One either automatically configured the lookup layer or didn't give the error when I was setting it up, then this other one did. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to do this with the configurable app that is downloadable.  But I do not know where in the scripts to set/define the lookup layers.  Do you know where this is located in the downloaded scripts?

Thank you,

0 Kudos