"Issues" with label visibility since the map viewer beta update.

Jump to solution
04-16-2021 12:26 AM
rami_skive
New Contributor II

Hi.

I made a couple of maps a while back in the map viewer beta (now just named map viewer) and they have been working flawlessly. However, i noticed a minor issue with the labeling of my polygons after the map viewer update. 

I love the idea of hiding labels when it becomes too crowded in an area, however, sometimes i just want all the labels to show. In my maps im showing some house parcels for sale with house numbers as labels.

Originally my labels looked something like this (here the map is zoomed in in for the purpose of this post):

rami_skive_0-1618557420331.png

Where every parcel will be numbered.

But after the map viewer update, most of the labels are hiding and i can't seem to change the behaviour.

rami_skive_1-1618557537387.png

This does change when in zoom in, but i want the labels to show at a certain zoom-level. Can i fix this "issue" somehow?

This is how this map looks right now - notice that there is actually plenty of room for labels within each polygon and it actually did work before the update:

rami_skive_2-1618557789175.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rami_skive - the team addressed this issue back in April shortly after it was reported. Can you retest and see if the labeling is resolved for you?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rami_skive - I made the Development team aware of this issue and they are looking into it. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
rami_skive
New Contributor II

Thank you @Anonymous User ! 🙂

0 Kudos
rami_skive
New Contributor II

Any news on this issue 🙂 ?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rami_skive - the team addressed this issue back in April shortly after it was reported. Can you retest and see if the labeling is resolved for you?

0 Kudos
rami_skive
New Contributor II

Hi @Anonymous User  . Looks good! Thank you for your help 🙂 

0 Kudos
MattVelde
New Contributor

Hi there, I have a similar issue with labels repeating on rivers even though I have dissolved river segments by name. This means at smaller scales river names are repeating and overlapping each other in a very odd way. This reduces the effectiveness of the new map viewer for presentation in my view - at this stage anyway. Unless there is a solution? ( I am not sure if the above fix has addressed river placement labels)

Tags (3)
0 Kudos