"Failed to create layerview for layer title: <Title>, id: <id> of type 'feature'" Error

Jump to solution
09-21-2022 09:19 AM
Labels (2)
NASAHarvest
New Contributor

Hi all, 

I am running into an error that I have seen lots of people have in JS for ArcGIS, but not in ArcGIS Online. 

I want to create a web map for a dashboard for a campaign my org will have in Namibia. I submitted a few test responses to get everything prepared before the campaign launched, but when I look at the web map created I get this error: "[esri.views.LayerViewManager] Failed to create layerview for layer title:'FAO Namibia Rapid Crop Assessment 2022', id:'f7d603e9614b4365abddbdfcbe2ffc41' of type 'feature'."

I also tried to create a view of the layer, but that raised the same error. The weird thing is that I can see the polygons on survey123.arcgis.com, but not in the web mapviewer. I was wondering if part of the error is because the polygons were created using the new streaming geoshape feature from the latest version of S123, but I have used it before with no issue. 

When people have had this issue in the past, it is usually an error in their script, or a bug. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this issue? Since there are only test points currently in the layer, I could delete the entire project and copy the S123 form into a new one, but that is a pain and I'd rather fix this one if I can. 

Thanks! 

Blake 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NASAHarvest
New Contributor

Solved! 

Even though I was logged on with the same account the entire time, going into settings and changing "What features can editors see?" to "No features", saving, and then resaving with "Editors can see all features" did the trick. I also edited the extent a few times, but I am pretty sure the setting switch and switchback did it. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NASAHarvest
New Contributor

Solved! 

Even though I was logged on with the same account the entire time, going into settings and changing "What features can editors see?" to "No features", saving, and then resaving with "Editors can see all features" did the trick. I also edited the extent a few times, but I am pretty sure the setting switch and switchback did it. 

Nadiia_Matsiuk
New Contributor III

Hi!

Can you give me some advice, please?

I have the same problem in my project in Experience Builder (Developer Edition). In my opinion, your solution can solve it. But I can't found this parameters ("What features can editors see?"). Can I found this in profile of Portal or.. in wich place are these parameters?

Thanks a lot for any advice!

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

@Nadiia_Matsiuk It's under the Settings of a hosted feature layer's Item Details page, though this solution didn't work for me. 

ChelseaRozek_0-1673465227935.png

Nadiia_Matsiuk
New Contributor III

@ChelseaRozek , thank you very much!

We found the causes of our problem. We received the layer from the Oracle database, which didn't have an SDE. The problem was solved using the request layer.

I wish you success in solving your tasks!

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I am also having the issue in ArcGIS Online on a hosted feature layer. I cannot edit an existing layer view nor create a new one. Unfortunately, your solution did not work for me, so I'm subscribing to this thread in case anyone else has any ideas. 

Update: Ah, it's not just turning it on and off. If you allow "Editors to see all features", switch over to edit your view, and then turn it back to "Editors can't see any features, even those they add" I was finally able to edit a view. Something about that blocks even you as the owner from seeing all the features so you can't even do the administrative task of setting up a view without making the private information completely public (it's a public facing Survey123 survey).

0 Kudos