"Create List" not appearing for only one field feature layer

03-18-2021 10:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am creating lists on my feature layer to make data collection easy but there is one field where “Create List” is not showing as an option when all the other fields in the same feature layer have the “Create List" option. Any ideas why?

25 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is your field type?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Field Value Type: Field Value type is not available. This is also true for other fields where I am able to create lists. 

Details: Type - String.

0 Kudos
CharlotteShade
New Contributor

Any solution to this? I've come across this issue a few times myself and I've never been able to figure out why.

GB_-_JonathanJew__GISS_
New Contributor II

I am running into the same issue with a field that already has a domain. There is no option to create or edit the list/domain when I go to Edit>Fields page. That same Field does accurately populate the domain when I view it in Field Maps. 

I have other layers that have domains that are working fine and editable. 

0 Kudos
ToddFahning
New Contributor

Same here across the board although at time it seems to work.

JaredLewis
New Contributor

Same issue here for a string type field. Option  to create list disappeared after I deleted the previous list. Option to delete field has also disappeared. 

EcologyScotland
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. A shapefile, which previously had lists created in Arc Online, was downloaded as an SHP to ArcOnline, new fields added, then re-uploaded to Arc Online. The "Create List" option is now not visible. All other settings are the same. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also encountering this issue. I have had it happen on multiple layers/tables published from ArcGIS Pro. For me it is always the first field after OBJECTID that will not allow me to create a list of values. No matter what the field type(integer, double, or string) it will not give me the option to create a list of values. 

ctalleygreenville
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem with not being able to create a list/domain.  In this instance, the field was added to the feature layer from within ArcGIS Pro.  I had to do that to workaround the problem mentioned in the next paragraph.

I was also having a problem with an added field not calculating values.  The field was added after I deleted a field.  I kept receiving an error about a calculation not being able to be performed on the XXXX field (where the xxxx field was the field I had deleted and not the one I was calculating).

It seems like I have been having a much harder time with this feature layer than with previous ones I have worked with and just in the past 2 days.

Carmen

0 Kudos