Publish to ArcGIS Online Hosted fails: Error 999999 (generic)

04-16-2015 11:18 AM
JenniferL_Burke
New Contributor II

Hello,

My ability to publish feature services to our organizational account for ArcGIS Online has been failing as of yesterday and generating a generic error (Error 999999) in the Geoprocessing Results.  Often, if I keep repeatably attempting to Share the Service, it may eventually publish. But now even persistence is not working.

I am using ArcMap 10.2.2. to share a service to be hosted on our AGOL organizational account.

I am signed into my organizational account via ArcMap sign in; ArcCatalog, within ArcMap, actively lists and I can access my previously published services under My Hosted Services.

The file size is very small - 70 points with 4 columns of limited data, stored in a file geodatabase on my hard drive.

I am selecting My Hosted Service (our organization) after I select Share -> a Service -> Publish a Service.

Capabilities are set to No Tiling, Feature Access only.

The Analyze procedure does not reveal any errors.

Sharing services is a two part geoprocess - Staging and Upload Service Definition

Staging is running with success.

Upload Service Definition is failing.

In the geoprocessing history log file (XML file), when I compare a successful publish to a failed publish, there appears to be a single line missing in the failed publish - the Hosted Feature Service Item ID is missing in the Parameter outputs. See attached if interested.

I can share a Map Package without an issue on to our Hosted Service from ArcMap using the exact same ArcMap document and feature class, and completed just minutes after the failed feature service publishing. I can upload the file geodatabase to our AGOL Organization Account and publish a feature service on AGOL without an issue using the same data.

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated!

jen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

The only workaround that I've found is to run the steps manually. 

First, publish from ArcMap, and watch it fail. Dismiss the publisher window and tell it to save the draft SD. Run the geoprocessing tool Stage Service to convert the draft to a real SD, then run the Upload SD tool.  I've used this approach successfully with both AGOL and Portal.

That said, in the last week, even this option isn't working for AGOL. I get a service, but missing the geometry, only a related table is accessible. When I try with Portal, I get a good service. Still experimenting and will install 10.3.1 today.

0 Kudos
GISAdmin25
New Contributor II

I found it was something to do with our firewall at my office blocking it.  As I never have an issue publishing a service from my home wifi.  I haven't explored it further than that.

0 Kudos