Publish a feature service "in a tree shape" in ArcGIS Online

02-12-2016 03:08 AM
FranciscoSobrado_Llompart
New Contributor II

Dear all,

I have publish a feature service using ArcMap 10.2.2 to my AGOL account. This feature service has different layers, the scheme is displayed in the picture below.

Pregunta2GIS.png

As you can see in the previous picture, the feature service has a "line structure". However, I am interested in publishing the feature service in a "tree shape structure" like the picture shown below:

Pregunta1GIS.png

Any ideas about the  Work Flow to publish a feature service in a "tree shape structure", using ArcMap and AGOL.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Francisco,

As far as I am concerned, you can simply add 'New Group Layer' in ArcMap and then add to it layers which you would like to add/or add another Group Layer. The layer tree in ArcMap should look like:

- Uses del Medio (Group Layer)

- Caladeros (Layer)

Arrecifes..... (Group Layer)

- Arrecifes .....(Layer)

- Arrecifes .....(Layer)

Next overwrite your service or create a new one.

Hope this helps,

Adam

FranciscoSobrado_Llompart
New Contributor II

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your answer. I have done the work flow that you suggest, but group layers are not supported  when you try to publish a service from ArcMAP into AGOL.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help

Francisco

0 Kudos
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Francisco,

Sorry for giving you wrong advice. To be honest, I would try to recreate feature service with group layers on ArcGIS for Server, and then try to use it as a template for Fature Service creation in AGOL (Create new Feature Service > From URL). I did not try to check it, as I don't have ArcGIS for Server installation running. Unfortunately, service definition updating/adding in AGOL does not work.

Hope this help, if not you are forced to use FS form ArcGIS for Server

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos