Public Notification Widget problem with setup

Jump to solution
02-09-2018 08:41 AM
PeteCoventry3
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to setup the Public Notification Widget so that I can select, buffer and generate mailing labels on my webmap, but having trouble with the setup.  I've added the widget and started editing.  Under the "Search and Buffer Settings", I've added my hosted feature layer as the "Search Source".  This hosted feature layer is a parcel layer with ownership and mailing addresses.  When I proceed to the "Address Layers" tab there is no layer to select.  

I've tried to follow the documentation about this widget, but still unclear where I'm going wrong?

I've attached screenshots to help illustrate. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Pete

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Pete,

Yes. So the layer is part of the web map?.. So there is something about the layer that does not meet the criteria for being listed in the Address Layers tab then. The main requirements is that the layer be in the web map and that the layer have a popup configured that has a description.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Pete,

The Address Layers need to be added to the Web Map not the locator source portion of the widget.

0 Kudos
PeteCoventry3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Robert!  The feature layer "Longmont_accounts" illustrated in my Search and Buffer Settings is the same feature layer that's in my Web Map.  Is this what you're referring to? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Pete,

Yes. So the layer is part of the web map?.. So there is something about the layer that does not meet the criteria for being listed in the Address Layers tab then. The main requirements is that the layer be in the web map and that the layer have a popup configured that has a description.

PeteCoventry3
Occasional Contributor

Awesome, so I went back to my webmap and checked the "Show Pop-ups" check mark and that solved my problem!  Thanks so very much to helping me out! 

0 Kudos
MayKao1
New Contributor III

I have the same problem as Pete. I already made sure I have:

1. the layers are in the webmap
  2. "Show Pop-ups" are check marked
  3. the pop up is using "A custom attribute display" and configured to show the address

But I still cannot see any layers under "Address Layers"

May

0 Kudos
MayKao1
New Contributor III

Thanks.

0 Kudos
StevenE
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, 

I am also experiencing having no layers to select while in the "Address Layers" portion of the widget configuration. I gave up trying to use a map service layer and published a geocoder using our local data that is registered with the server. 

I added the geocoder URL to my organization's geocoders, but I still am not able to select layers in the "Address Layers" portion. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Steven

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steven,

So you have looked at the link I have provided above?

0 Kudos