Public Maps and Apps Gallery item descriptions not showing

12-03-2014 11:56 AM
RyanSellman
Occasional Contributor II

I am having another issue with the Public Maps and Apps gallery template.  I have seen various galleries on the internet that show AGO item descriptions next to the item (list mode) or they show up on a mouse hover (grid mode).  For some reason they aren't showing up in my gallery.  Not all items in the group I am using have descriptions, but some do.  The descriptions for those that do are not showing up.  I can't find anything that controls this behavior in the config files.  Any ideas what I am missing?

Here is the gallery:

http://summitmaps.summitoh.net/webappgallery/index.html

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan, Are you saying that you short descriptions are not "popping up" when you hover, e.g. "Mix & Match Viewer"?   I see them on your site when I hover in list view.....and it appears in the box in the grid view. 

I am testing in Firefox 30.0.

0 Kudos
RyanSellman
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the reply.  All I see in both Chrome and Firefox is the item name, its type (web mapping application), the owner, when it was modified last and the number of views  The text I have written for some of the items in the description section on ArcGIS Online inst showing.  For example, if  you go here,

http://summitgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=23bbf9590cd341098f5c8cf75ce896bf

I want this to appear next to the item in my gallery:

"Use this application to search for parcels and view Oblique Aerial Imagery from Spring of 2012."

So you're saying you are able to see this text in Firefox?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No, I am seeing what you are seeing (type, owner, etc) and not the description.  i just needed clarification to make sure it wasn't just your browser.

With that said, I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you, but maybe the further exclamation with get others to respond.

0 Kudos