Projection of Map Service and Feature Service differ

Jump to solution
09-06-2017 05:24 AM
Brian_Beyeler
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am having a projection problem in AGOL. My Feature service projects on the fly but my map service does not. Why does this happen? I publish to server from Nad 83 state plane ohio N, then it should automatically project to Web Mercator right? Could anyone help me with this? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KathleenWallis
Occasional Contributor II

Where are you publishing your feature service from? If you are publishing from ArcMap, you have to set the
data frame of the mxd to web mercator before you publish. Here is an example below. Your local coordinate
 system and transformation will be different than mine, but this gives you the steps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KathleenWallis

Where are you publishing your feature service from? If you are publishing from ArcMap, you have to set the
data frame of the mxd to web mercator before you publish. Here is an example below. Your local coordinate
 system and transformation will be different than mine, but this gives you the steps

Brian_Beyeler
New Contributor III

That was the problem. Thanks so much!

KarlEitner
New Contributor

Hi Kathleen, Your solution works, but then I cannot edit features within a geometric network. Do you have any ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
KathleenWallis

Karl - That is correct. AGOL cannot interact with a geometric network. This is much discussion about this on the geonet site, but to make a long story short you can edit a UTILITY network in Pro 2.3. I have not done this. There is a long post about what is new in pro 2.3 on geonet. You can find it here too. 
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/whats-new-in-arcgis-pro.htm
Do a word search for Utility network.
Katy  

0 Kudos