Problem with Creator etc. fields after updating AGOL hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
09-23-2022 02:39 AM
Labels (2)
AdminWPZ
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm using an AGOL hosted feature layer and several views of it in an Instant App and in AGOL Field Maps with online and offline data collection. I also collected Creator and Editor information.

At one point I had to export the layer from AGOL into ArcGIS Pro to update some Contingent Values and Field Groups. I kept the Creator etc. information and used "overwrite existing service" to publish the data to the same service.

Instead of using the existing Creator columns, AGOL created new ones (Creator_1 etc.):

AdminWPZ_0-1663925737771.png

Is there any way to avoid this problem and at the same time keep the existing Creator etc. information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@AdminWPZ Have you tried following this support article? The last few steps cover preserving the editor tracking fields when overwriting:

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@AdminWPZ Have you tried following this support article? The last few steps cover preserving the editor tracking fields when overwriting:

Let me know if this helps

AdminWPZ
New Contributor III

Hi Richard, thank you so much for the link. This has worked out perfectly. I wasn't aware that you can edit Tracking fields by hand after disabling Editor Tracking.

One question: step1 of the list (copy feature layer) seems futile to me as the copy isn't used later. Is there a reason to do this step?

Thanks again!

Andrea

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@AdminWPZ  Not all the steps in the article apply in your scenario. In the article, the feature class is edited in step 10. I understand in your scenario you already exported the data so it was just the steps at the end of the article you needed to follow. 

Hope that helps

0 Kudos