Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1 - Hosted table not listed in my Content?

01-25-2021 04:21 AM
VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have a table stored in an Enterprise GDB. If I right-click the table, Sharing -> Share As Table, logged in my organization Portal, I can only share it as a hosted table (I cannot use 'reference registered data'). That's ok.

Once shared, when I click the green message 'Manage the hosted table', it  opens the actual table on the Portal site. That's fine so far.

However, in the Content of the Portal, I can only see the .sd service definition file for this table! The actual table is nowhere. Why?

For info, I did exactly the same with ArcGIS Online, the table shared much quicker and the table is correctly listed in my Content.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If I'm understanding your post, the table is there, but just not appearing in the contents page?

I would check:

1. Search for the table on the "Organization" tab of the Content page, in case it is owned by another user.
  2. Check which folder is displayed by default on the "My Content" page. Is it the "Home" folder, "All My Content", or some sub-folder?
- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
VincentLaunstorfer

Thanks for helping out.

Correct, the table is there, on Portal and I can browse the records in the Data tab... There is even an item id in the URL. But it is nowhere in the Content! As soon as I leave this page, I cannot find it any more.

I double-checked and the table is nowhere else (not owned by another user) and I looked in all folders (Home, All my Content, sub-folders...), nothing nothing!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Another thought. Is your "Active Portal" set to AGOL instead of Enterprise, and you're sharing it to AGOL instead? I've done that before by mistake.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
VincentLaunstorfer

As I mentionned at the beginning, same workflow with ArcGIS Online as active portal, it worked and the table is hosted. Active portal set to Portal, sharing looks ok, no error messages and I can even click to check the table online. But this table is nowhere in my Content! I can see the Service Definition file only...

0 Kudos
VincentLaunstorfer

Moving this question to Enterprise GIS

I noticed that my hosted table shows as Feature Layer (hosted) in Portal whereas same hosted table shows as Table (hosted) in ArcGIS Online. Moreover, Export Data in ArcGIS Online works but not in Portal.

I suspect my hosted table in Portal is corrupted as it does not list in the Content, it does not export and the item type is set to Feature Layer! How this can happen? And how to solve it?

0 Kudos