Overwrite Table in AGOL

02-03-2019 08:46 PM
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

To publish a stand alone table in AGOL I went to the Share tab --> Share As section --> Web layer --> Publish Web Layer. Since it is not possible to publish a table by right clicking on it and Publishing it like you would with other spatial feature layers. Anyways this worked fine.

When making some changes and wanting to overwrite the table feature service, I try Share tab --> Share As section --> Web layer --> Overwrite Web Layer. But then I can't find the table as a Web Feature Layer in my list of content. Is there a way to complete this task?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MorganWaterman
New Contributor III

Hi Adam T‌,

Could you add the table as an item to ArcGIS Online (Content > Add Item > From computer)? And then you could delete the old table?

Best,

Morgan

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Hey Morgan,

I can do that but I was wondering if there was a way to overwrite the already hosted service so I would not have to relink/resetup everything that uses it.

Cheers,

Adam

0 Kudos
MorganWaterman
New Contributor III

Adam Tolo‌,

Ah, I understand. I followed your workflow and see what you mean.

How many edits have you made? Would it be possible to pull the hosted table into the Table of Contents in ArcGIS Pro and modify the table so you don't need to overwrite it?

Morgan

0 Kudos
AdamTolo
New Contributor

Editing is not a problem as I can also edit the values in AGOL.

This was a schema change which you can't do in Pro it seems like

0 Kudos