Select to view content in your preferred language

Ordnance survey basemaps not available

09-09-2018 02:15 AM
Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to use the OS basemaps as outlined here:

Free Services | Esri UK 

These used to be available in ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap. Currently I can only access them through ArcMap. I have previously spoken to ESRI support regarding this when these basemaps were not available through any platform. The solution was to change my locale to the UK in my organization settings. I've done this and for a time they worked. Now I'm limited to only ArcMap for these basemaps.

I've tried saving the MXD in ArcMap with the basemap loaded and then importing that into ArcPro. I get the red exclamation mark (data source problem) in ArcPro.

This does go some way to solving my problem as I need to share the pro map as a web map with EPSG 27700. Although the basemap data source is broken I no longer get the "no basemap" warning when sharing. Of course, there is no basemap given the data source is broken. This hacky workaround seems to be working for now and I can use the tile layers from living atlas as a stop gap.

Is this a known problem for UK customers? I'm using the most recent version of pro (2.2.2) with patch 2 applied.

Cheers,

Oliver

0 Kudos
10 Replies
EthanHayes
New Contributor

Did you ever mange to find a solution to this? 

Unfortunately we are also struggling with the OS Basemaps we should have access to. Even following the process Robert kindly suggested proves unsuccessful. 

The maps just don't show up on AGOL or Pro at all. 

0 Kudos