One is not like the other ARCPro to AGOL

09-25-2019 01:24 PM
JosephRosnow__-_DG
New Contributor III

I have Created a 3D view of Geology in Wisconsin to use my ARCGIS-Online account.  When I Shared my Scene from ArcPro (V. 2.3.3) to ARCGIS-online it did not share anything close to what I create in ArcPro.  None of the 3D visualization was shared and it also stacked all my .tiff files on top and I can't even see them!  If anyone could please advise me on a solution it would be greatly apprenticed.  Thanks

As you can see from the ArcPro View the layers are stacked and show vertical exaggeration and the Online Scene does even come close to representing what I created in ARCpro.  If anyone could please advise me on a solution it would be greatly apprenticed.  Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joseph Rosnow - DG‌,

It looks like we are running into a known limitation with Web Scenes - the Web Scene spec can only display offset with 3D elements and 2D elements will always be displayed on the ground. Just to be sure I tested this and am seeing the exact same behavior on my end. 

Hope that helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos
JosephRosnow__-_DG
New Contributor III

Peter,

Thanks for looking into this, you are correct in that all the elements I am displaying are 2D raster’s. I am still not an expert on the 3D elements of ARCpro (yet!), is there a way to put raster/.tiff files into a 3D format to be displayed in an online scene? I’ve been doing lots of reading through the blogs and viewing training videos all about ARCPRO and have not found anything close to what I am attempting to do. Everything I have seen about 3D elements uses different types of shapefile, ARCpro does not even allow me the option to drag the raster files into the 3D portion of Contents Pane. Any info or training objective that is relevant to this would be great learning tool for me and greatly appreciated.

Thanks Joe

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response here Joe. I don't know of a way to do this off the top of my head and am not seeing documentation on the workflow. Cross-posting to 3D‌ and ArcGIS Pro‌ to see if there are any ideas from these communities. 

Best,

Peter

0 Kudos
KatR_
by
New Contributor II

I also found the same issue. My workaround, although not ideal, was to rebuild in ArcScene and use the "Export to 3D Web Scene" tool to produce a .3ws file. Then log into AGOL and "Add the Item" (.3ws) under your My Content. The .tif surfaces then rendered at the correct z in the web viewer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joseph-  

Looks like you have a tiff that you'd like to display on an exaggerated elevation layer?  The Scene Viewer doesn't directly support vertical exaggeration like Pro does, but you can create and publish your own exaggerated elevation layer.  

Using a Raster calculation on a DEM, you can multiply the values by the exaggeration factor and then publish this as an elevation layer that you can bring into the Scene Viewer.  Share a web elevation layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop.  I have a 10x elevation service shared publicly that you can see how it looks-  search for bathyx10.   
Let me know if that works, thanks!  
Phil

JosephRosnow__-_DG
New Contributor III

Hey Philip, thanks for this comment.  I think my issue lies with how I built the view using the cartographic offset of my layers to define their spacing vs using vertical exaggeration (messing with the vertical exaggeration and different Elevation surfaces doesn't work in terms of the layers end up being interwoven with each other which is not what I am attempting to show).  So the way you suggested may not work.  Is there anyway to send the cartographic offset with the layer when transferring over to AGOL ?

Thanks Joe

0 Kudos
JosephRosnow__-_DG
New Contributor III

Safe to assume no one has a good answer for this yet?  The Cityweb engine viewer 3D model works but the online interface leaves more to be desired.

I am still at a dead end if anybody else has any ideas!

Thanks Joe

0 Kudos
JosephRosnow__-_DG
New Contributor III

I found the bathyx10 elevation service, this isn't close to what i am attempting to create, thanks for the process.  I attempted your process above with no luck, same result as originally stated.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joseph-  I'll send you a DM to call and discuss what you'd like to accomplish and summarize here.