Not all features drawing/displaying/rendering in ArcGIS Online

04-23-2018 11:31 AM
deleted-user-LNABNwA5CZcD
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Online, I have a shapefile of 300 polygon features (drainage basins) around the world.

A random few (can't figure out a trend) won't display. They're in the attribute table, but nothing displays on the map at any extent.

I tried both uploading the zipped shapefile package as well as sharing to the web from ArcGIS Pro. Same issue.

Why is the visual component missing; how do I fix this?!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sam,

Is it possible to share the layer?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Great thanks! Sorry should have also asked - which features are you seeing that aren't displaying.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Colorado, Swedish Baltic, Tonle Sap.
Actually, I just tried something, and it might have done the trick. I exported and disallowed M and Z values. It seems to work now. I have no idea why only a few were affected given that everything was built from the same two datasets (one for domestic, one for the rest of the world). Odd that there were issues with polygons created from both.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Yep. That has happened to me before. Not having Z values has allowed my features to show up as well. (my thread from a year and a half ago). Not sure what this is but I have now disabled z values when I publish data to AGOL.

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Sam Perkins ok great good to hear. The Ms and Zs change makes sense (when they are present, geometries are processed a bit differently in some cases. It looks like in this case, this resulted in null geometry for a few features). Adrian's suggestion should have worked as well - when running the repair geometry tool, make sure OGC is selected as the validation method. 

If you're able and willing, it'd be great to contact support with this case and get an issue logged that we can look into further. Here is support's info: https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

thanks,

Chris

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Sam,

Try running a repair geometry on your features, then try uploading it again.

Repair Geometry—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

No change...

0 Kudos