No longer able to update hosted feature service using the Update/Overwrite Entire Layer button on Overview page - just hangs on "Adding Item"

Jump to solution
03-27-2022 11:52 AM
HollyTorpey1
New Contributor III

We have a hosted feature service that we update from a Google sheet on a frequent basis (weekly or more often). As of 3/25/22, when I click the Update button, select "Overwrite Entire Layer," and then select my G Suite account, the process begins as expected but then just hangs interminably on the "Adding Item..." screen. Normally this update takes just a few seconds but now we've let it run for hours and it never completes the update or produces an error message.

We have confirmed that no changes have been made to the field names or order of fields in the Google sheet. We have also transferred ownership to a different account and tried updating it from that account on a different computer with the same result.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 11.39.27 AM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HollyTorpey1
New Contributor III

@SpencerVieira Yes! I put in a support call and it’s a known bug after the March 2022 AGO update. Here’s the workaround:

Open the Item Details page in a Chrome Incognito window > Trigger the error by attempting to update the layer > Close the error/forever updating window > Go through the ArcGIS Online content and delete the CSV file with the same name as the layer (download it first as a backup just in case) > Update the layer normally

Hope that works for you too!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SpencerVieira
New Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue... no solution for you unfortunately though. Have you found a solution or workaround yet that you could share?

0 Kudos
HollyTorpey1
New Contributor III

@SpencerVieira Yes! I put in a support call and it’s a known bug after the March 2022 AGO update. Here’s the workaround:

Open the Item Details page in a Chrome Incognito window > Trigger the error by attempting to update the layer > Close the error/forever updating window > Go through the ArcGIS Online content and delete the CSV file with the same name as the layer (download it first as a backup just in case) > Update the layer normally

Hope that works for you too!

0 Kudos
SpencerVieira
New Contributor

Thank you, that worked!!

0 Kudos
HollyTorpey1
New Contributor III
Glad to hear it!
0 Kudos