New MapViewer Cluster Popups - Browse Features - Arcade expressions not resolving correctly

Jump to solution
04-27-2021 05:27 PM
Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

Using the new MapViewer (formerly MapViewer Beta), I am having issues with popups in a layer with clustering turned on. The cluster popup (i.e. "There are n features predominantly of type x in the cluster") displays fine. The new "Browse Features" list of features included in the cluster is a great improvement visually. However, when I click on a specific feature from the "Browse Features" list, the resultant popup displays incorrectly. The formatting is correct; however, any Arcade expressions I have set in the normal popup settings for the layer, do not calculate correctly. It is as if going through the "Browse Features" means that the Arcade expression is unable to access the attributes of the specific feature.

For example, I have an Arcade expression that takes an attribute of driving time from the location to the nearest facility of a certain type, and returns a phrase such as: "Between 30 minutes and one hour to the nearest facility" (depending on the value of the driving time attribute). If no facilities are accessible from the location (drive time attribute is null) then the text is coded to read "No facilities accessible by driving."

Going through the "Browse Features" from the cluster to get the individual feature popup, I get "No facilities accessible by driving." returned for every feature in the cluster, even when they definitely are within (often quite close) driving distance of a facility. If I zoom to the feature and click on it, the Arcade expressions in the popup are returned correctly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

BUG-000140055, if you want to track it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

Update on this: I have two different maps, using the same layer (same popup expressions, same clustering configuration) but in one map I experience the issue I noted (Arcade expressions not resolving correctly in the cluster popup "Browse Features") but in the other map, the popups are working correctly. I am scratching my head as to what is causing this difference. Both maps were started from ("save-as") the same original MapViewer Classic map.... 
Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have any thoughts as to possible causes?

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

@Ajparker_hlth ever find a solution? I'm seeing this as well. In the new map viewer, with a clustered layer, while configuring the pop-up the expressions show up some of the time, but not always, correctly in the popup. Once I close the configuration, and go to explore other features on the map, the expressions are not displaying in the popup, nor when the map is embedded in a StoryMap.

0 Kudos
Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, no solution as yet! I've played around with a number of different settings, but can't seem to figure out what is causing this issue. I have two maps, that as far as I can tell have the exact same settings/configuration, but in one the popups appear to be working correctly, and in the other they are not... 

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

I opened a support case with Esri. Seems to be reproducible when using new Map Viewer, clustering, and expressions in the feature-level popup.

I haven't been able to make any maps where expressions in the pop-up work. If your two maps are public, would you mind sharing their URLs? I would be curious to see if there are any obvious differences in the JSON definitions that might point to a workaround.

0 Kudos
Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

Oh great, thanks for opening the support ticket, I hadn't gotten around to that yet! Unfortunately my maps are not public nor can I share the data within them publicly. Hopefully ESRI comes up with a solution soon, so we won't need workarounds!

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

BUG-000140055, if you want to track it.

Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

I'm a bit slow to update this, but appears this issue has been resolved somehow 🙂

0 Kudos