(New) Map Viewer | Related Records Now Available. BUT......

Jump to solution
11-10-2022 11:15 AM
ArmstKP
Frequent Contributor

I see in the new ESRI blog, that related records are now available in the (new) Map Viewer:  Blog 

BUT, that is only if you are using a hosted feature layer from AGOL???  Really?  This does not work with services with stored credentials?  So, I decided to test it.  Related records aren't available if you use an ArcGIS Server service with stored credentials and added as an item in AGOL.

Will this remain the case?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Just double checked - It is there but limited to Online hosted services at the 11.1 release which was the limit in the Online MV release during that time. I believe the expanded support for Ent hosted will be in the 11.2 release. 

0 Kudos
KimC221
Emerging Contributor

Are you guys for real?  This capability is only going to be for 11.1+ Enterprise releases?  I know you all are well aware that plenty of organizations can't keep up with the newest releases.  

0 Kudos
Kat
by
Occasional Contributor

so i will have to create the service for arcgis online instead of my Portal and then use it as a layer from agol in my enterprise new map viewer and that should work? But that defeats the purpose of having 'in house' enterprise system. Main reason for enterprise in most cases is not to use cloud and agol with client's data. So there is no point running the upgrade for us at this point. Thanks for double checking. What is the time line for 11.2 release?

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think towards the end of year but could change 

PaulLohr
Frequent Contributor

Using ArcGIS Server version 10.7.1 with the old (classic) Map Viewer, relationship classes are functional.

Switching to the new Map Viewer, relationship classes no longer work.

This post says ArcGIS Server 11.2 supports relationships.

So support for relationships was dropped from version 10.7 to 11.1 if the new Map Viewer is used? Maybe they could be made to work with the Map Viewer Classic, but aren't we being encouraged to switch to the new Map Viewer?

0 Kudos