New Map Viewer Page Unresponsive/Slow Loading when editing features compared to Map Viewer Classic

07-14-2021 03:22 PM
Labels (2)
cnw_ivesleung
New Contributor III

When selecting a feature in edit mode using Map Viewer, the webpage keeps returning an unresponsive page dialog and takes an unreasonably long time to load. This does not appear to be an issue when using Map Viewer Classic or Field Maps. As a result, the city staff are discouraged from using the new Map Viewer. Hopefully, this post can help me resolve it.

The issue with the long loading times may be coming from loading ~26,000 addresses in the domain list. I've created a test layer for anyone to look into it further at https://newwestcity.maps.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?layers=562ed6ba72474782b67d49f1b002a31...

Thanks,

Ives

Ives
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
cnw_ivesleung
New Contributor III

Hi Keiren,

Thanks for your reply and for providing the links. I'll have a look. The basemaps are cached and for the tree inventory I've rebuilt the spatial index.  

I am using ArcGIS Online. 

Ives

Ives
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looking into this Can I ask why you have 26k domains? 

0 Kudos
cnw_ivesleung
New Contributor III

Hi @RussRoberts,

Thanks for the reply. The address domain contains 26k addresses so that the arborists can input the address using Field Maps and make the selection easily with predictive text. 

Ives

Ives
0 Kudos
nnolasco
New Contributor II

Good Morning, 

I came across this post while searching for something else, but for your case I do think there is a better solution than having all of the addresses as a domain.   In the newest version of the Forms tool you can do a buffer/intersect to get the closest location.  Check out this article, and the sample code for the bus stop example.  I just was working on something similar two weeks ago and found that it works very well. 

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/from-the-smart-editor-to-smart-forms....

0 Kudos