New Home Page Editor (June 2020) Image Upload Failing

Jump to solution
07-01-2020 06:54 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  I realize the new home page editor has only been live less than a day, so I expect a few kinks.  Right now, I am unable to upload a logo or custom cover.  For a logo file, I get an error "unable to add the logo image" (it's a small .jpg file).  And the custom cover just spins after I click save.  

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Mary Ellen Perko We made a change to your organization subscription that should address the issue. It was a specific problem with the way your subscription was configured. So it should work now.

Thanks!

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you describe what's happening a little more?

• Do you get past the upload dialog or is it just hanging?
  • What browser are you using?
  • Can you share your image here?
  • Do you see any error message?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Hi.  Thanks for looking into this.

I do not get past the upload dialog.  At least in the 10 minutes or so that I've let it run.  I just cancel it.

I have tried the upload in both Chrome and Edge.

I do not see any errors other than the one that pops up for the logo upload I mentioned. 

Below is one of the test image files I've tried. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your problem. Are you able to upload images in other areas of ArcGIS Online? For example, can you upload this image as the thumbnail of an item? I'm wondering if you're just having a general problem uploading files.

Perhaps you can try this with Chrome's developer tools.

1. Get to the point where you select your image, but don't click save yet.

2. On the keyboard, hit ctrl-shift-i (lower case letter i) simultaneously. You'll see a window appear or part of the browser window taken over

3. Click the Network tab in the dev tools

4. Click Save to upload your image

The network tab shows the requests that get sent. You should see 1 or 2 entries. If you click on them, on the left side, and on the right, you have Headers, Preview and Response, you might be able to see an error message from the request that doesn't get shown to you. In my case, you can see that the image upload was a success.

This could help us troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Thank you.  I am able to successfully upload the same image as a thumbnail for a web map.

Following your instructions in Chrome, I get the following (for the logo upload):

Does that mean anything to you?

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks! I'll send this to our developers to investigate.

Mike

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

The error message indicates that your organization subscription is out of or nearly out of file storage space and that image is putting you over the limit, causing the upload to fail. Can you take a look at your file storage space available? If not, we can do so on our side if you give us your subscription ID found on the organization tab. I can ask Esri Technical Support to reach out to you if necessary. Or you can contact Support directly and reference this post. That way you don't have to share your ID publicly on this thread.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Thank you.  I don't know how to find out how much storage space we have.  So, below is our subscription number.  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SydneyBohn
Esri Contributor

Hi Mary Ellen Perko‌!

Adding on to Mike Minami's responses -- could you possibly contact Esri Support and get a case created for this issue? We'd like to dig into this further with you and a Support case would be the best way to accomplish this. 

Link: Esri Support Contact Support 

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you,

Sydney

MaryEllen_Perko

PKlingman-esristaff offered to get a case started for us.  I'll wait until I hear about that.

Thanks everyone!