Need hints for tracking down source of attachments

Jump to solution
09-07-2022 06:15 AM
drewcole232
New Contributor III

I'm taking over a web app that allows users to view PDFs from Map Image Layers. There is a possible server location in the data, but it is either not accessible from my current machine or no longer active. IT hasn't been able to track it down either, which makes me believe it is no longer a real location. 

I've had the thought that these images may be stored on the ArcGIS Online server but I can't seem to track them down anywhere. We do use a feature layer for one of our datasets and I have been able to find the image files that it uses.  

All of the links in the actual online map work, so I know they're being stored somewhere. Where else should I look? 

Table in ArcGIS; 

drewcole232_0-1662555208735.png

URL structure of attachment https://oursite/arcgis/rest/services/SP/SitePlans/MapServer/0/93430/attachments/398

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drewcole232
New Contributor III

They were stored in the FGDB as blob files accessed through a relate 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible that the images are hosted in the cloud?  Does your organization maintain virtual or cloud servers that you don't have access to from your desktop?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
drewcole232
New Contributor III

We do use virtual servers. I have access to a couple of them. Not sure about cloud servers (unless that's the same thing). I could ask to see if IT maintains a list of all servers. Thank you. 

drewcole232
New Contributor III

They were stored in the FGDB as blob files accessed through a relate