Mysterious "There was an error" error.

06-20-2019 01:15 PM
JasonHoward
New Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online that accepts edits from an ArcGIS Server application.  Permissions on the feature layer are set to allow users to add and update points on a map.  This has worked fine for us until yesterday when the front end stopped displaying the points.  We get the following when the application loads in Chrome:

When I look at the data in ArcGIS Online, I get the unhelpful response "There was an error":

Now, I can still export the feature layer as a shapefile, download that, and open it, so there’s data there.  It's just that ArcGIS Online doesn't like something about this hosted feature layer.  Since we’re still in the initial testing phase with this application, it’s not a lot of heartburn for us to start over with a new hosted feature layer.  But I would like to know how this happened so we don’t end up in this boat again.  Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

Same here. What's going on ESRI? It's a very important editable layer I cannot loose for anything in this world !

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Typically if you look here:  ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard   you'll see if anything is not working.  I just checked and everything seems good to go.  You may want to contact tech support and verify.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
RossCBrewer
New Contributor III

Same here.  I tried republishing and re-uploading to AGOL from REST url...no luck.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I was able to publish a couple of feature layers from ArcGIS Pro earlier today (noonish mdt) without any problem.  I wonder if I just got lucky?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
mikAMD
by

What happened? Did the issue resolve itself? I'm currently getting this error. Added data through the REST API. Did the same last week and everything worked fine. Now I'm getting "There was an error" on the data tab. The data is there, I see it if I make a query with the API or if I download the data though AGOL.

0 Kudos
mikAMD
by

Found this. Cleared the browser cache. Everything seems fine. 
Wasted too much time on this!

0 Kudos