Select to view content in your preferred language

My Elected Representative app - rearrange pop-up listing

Jump to solution
01-08-2019 01:55 PM
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi all.  Is there a way to specify of the order of the layers in the combined pop-up in the application configuration panel?  Currently, the elected US congress persons are listed at the top and trickles down (more or less) to local officials.  I would like to have the list go from local to national, top to bottom.  Thanks in advance. Jay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeCatanzarita1
Deactivated User

Jay,

Thank you for the clarification! I downloaded and deployed the solution yesterday, but realized I didn't have the necessary data to publish up to ArcGIS Online. 

There is a sample application (http://statelocaltryit.maps.arcgis.com/apps/InformationLookup/index.html?appid=90bc8dc5d2614f3398f06...) linked to the Solution Web Page. If you click on a boundary, it will list all of the information on the right-hand side similar to what you have, however in the order you wish to see.

There must be a setting, or a way you can manually rearrange the text-box to display the order you'd like within the application itself.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Deactivated User

Hi Jay Hodny,

I believe I understand your question, but to further clarify ... would you be able to provide the application that you're talking about? By the way, the only way that I'd be able to look at your application is if the Web Map/Application (and it's associated layers) are all shared publicly. 

When it comes to rearranging pop-ups, you're able to do so by:

• Clicking on the "More Options" of the layer and selecting "Configure Pop-up".
  • Here, you can click on "Configure Attributes".
  • In this interface, you're able to move fields up/down as well as make some visible or invisible.

If this doesn't answer your question, looking at your application will be very helpful!

Cheers,

Joe

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi Joe,

I am working with the 'My Elected Representative' solution.  Here is the link to the publicly-shared app: Information Lookup   I have populated the ElectoralDistricts solution's feature service in Pro.  Pulled the service into the My Elected Representative web map along with a couple of other services (e.g., Mayor and Governor) in AGOL.  In the app, when I click on a location,the combined pop-up appears on the left which lists the various elected officials from national to local elections, top to bottom (more or less).  I would like to have the local officials at the top.  I have tried rearranging the layers in the Web Map, but this does not change the order in the app's combined pop-up.  I thought maybe the layer names or aliases were controlling the order (alphabetically), but it doesn't hold.  I am interested in rearranging the items in the combined pop-up which, I think, is created in the application.  Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Jay

JoeCatanzarita1
Deactivated User

Jay,

Thank you for the clarification! I downloaded and deployed the solution yesterday, but realized I didn't have the necessary data to publish up to ArcGIS Online. 

There is a sample application (http://statelocaltryit.maps.arcgis.com/apps/InformationLookup/index.html?appid=90bc8dc5d2614f3398f06...) linked to the Solution Web Page. If you click on a boundary, it will list all of the information on the right-hand side similar to what you have, however in the order you wish to see.

There must be a setting, or a way you can manually rearrange the text-box to display the order you'd like within the application itself.

Joe

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi Joe, Yes that listing order (local to federal, top to bottom) is what I am after.  If there is a setting in the configuration panel or a way to rearrange the list, I have yet to find them.  Thanks for you help. Sincerely, Jay

ScottShores1
Deactivated User

I have just run into the exact same problem.  Have we figured out a way to switch the listing order?  The Local Government information is most important to me. City, County, State then Federal...Any ideas?

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi Scott,

I was never able to figure out how to rearrange the list in the configuration panel or by any other method.  I tried rearranging the layer order in the web map only to see the layers arranged in reverse order in the Lookup Layers list in the app configuration panel.  I noticed some tendency to an alphabetical order in layer naming, so I tried to coming up with naming that favored local to federal, but that did not work either.  In addition to the ElectoralDistricts service, I have a couple of other services (Mayor and Governor) which don't play nicely in the list.  I was hoping I could arrange the list using the Lookup Layer, a click and drag, or by some other similar utility in the configuration panel.  I have seen a couple of app examples where the layer listing goes from local to federal, but no information was provided in how the author achieved those results.  Therefore, I gave up, made excuses to the local users, and moved on.  If you are successful in figuring this one out, please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Jay Hodny

0 Kudos
DanteLee
Frequent Contributor

I realize this is months old, but I was curious about this too. I had to do 2 things: change the layer order in the web map. (The info you want first should be at the bottom of your layer list.) And on top of that, uncheck and re-check one of the Lookup Layers in the web app to "reset" the pop-up.

JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dante,

Badda Bing!  I had rearranged the feature layers several times, but I had no idea I needed to click on/off a Lookup Layer in the app.  Many thanks!

Sincerely,

Jay

0 Kudos