Missing save button in webmap

11-15-2018 01:58 AM
LukasWingert
New Contributor II

I have a webmap in arcgis online that shows data without any errors but there are some layers missing in the layer overview (content) and the save button is missing too. I use this webmap in my webapp and there are all layers visible and working.

Any idea how to fix this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

Luba Hristova‌ I was able to figure out the problem by deleting the original Leslie Canyon Polygon and republishing it as a hosted feature service and the save option came up. Just curious if you noticed that specific layer was the issue in the Chrome Dev Tools?

Thanks,

Eric Shreve

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Eric, 

That's great to hear!  When going through fiddler and dev tools, there wasn't anything in particular standing out. So I started going down contents and was looking at the rest endpoints. Once I got to Leslie Canyon Polygon there wasn't a rest endpoint URL, I had some suspicions that this layer could be the one causing the problem.

As I said above, the name might've been changed and the webmap was pulling a old layer name.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Luba

EricShreve

Luba Hristova‌ that may be something to think about adding a tech tip for with AGOL. This has happened to me before on a different web map and it was frustrating. Thanks for helping me out of this. Do you still want to see the JSON file?

Thanks Again,

Eric Srheve

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

I will definitely pass along this information here at tech support and write up a technical article on it. Out of curiosity can you send the JSON file of the corrupt web map? I just want to see if I can pull any extra information on the issue. 

0 Kudos
EricShreve

Luba,

I have included the two JSON files that are zipped. Thanks Again!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qnR0OetQY4tvZXCmLI_FcyISGaTPSTqf/view?usp=sharing

Eric Shreve

0 Kudos