Select to view content in your preferred language

Missing save button in webmap

11-15-2018 01:58 AM
LukasWingert
New Contributor II

I have a webmap in arcgis online that shows data without any errors but there are some layers missing in the layer overview (content) and the save button is missing too. I use this webmap in my webapp and there are all layers visible and working.

Any idea how to fix this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you able to share the web map?

I would be want to compare the text of the web map that doesn't have the option to save and the one that does. You can get the webmap json by adding the web map ID into this url: https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/<webmapID>/data?f=pjson 

EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

Did anyone else find a solution or the reason for this error?

I have a user that experience the same issue currently on their AGOL Web Map.

0 Kudos
LukasWingert
New Contributor II

I had to make a new Webmap. There was no workaround for me

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lukas,

I have seen some users run into this issue. In most cases, it's due to a layer being referenced that is no longer there.

I would take a look at developer tool (F12 on keyboard or Crl+Shft+i). Then have the tool running while opening up the map, this should point to what layer is causing the save button to disappear.  

Let me know if you have any questions

Luba

0 Kudos
EricShreve

Luba,

What specific indicator do you look for that shows that a layer is causing a save error when I am observing the Network Traffic within Chrome?

Thanks,

Eric Shreve

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There should be some errors coming up in dev tools. Do you have your map publicly accessible? Can I take a look at it? 

Thanks,

Luba

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leslie Canyons Polygons layers, can you try re-adding this layer to the map again? When did the save button first disappear, was there any changes that you can recall? 

Thanks,

Luba

0 Kudos
EricShreve

When I remove the layer and re-add it to the webmap through the rest endpoint I am not able to see it on the table of contents, even though the layer is displayed on the map. Do you think maybe the JSON was corrupted with the webmap with that specific layer?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It could be that the layer name changed and it's referencing an older name. We can confirm that by getting the JSON for the webmap and compare the JSON from this web map to a map I recreated that's working. Are you familiar with ArcGIS Online Assistant ?

Can you send me the JSON for this corrupt webmap from AGO assistant? You can go to root> click the webmap> then send a txt of the JSON file. I'm curious to see if we can get some more information on what layer is being pulled when the web map opens it up. 

0 Kudos