Minimize More Info side panel of ArcGIS Hub by default

06-11-2021 06:13 PM
Labels (2)
BenjaminSkinner
New Contributor III

Hi there,

As the title states, I am trying to minimize the More Info side panel of ArcGIS Hub by default. The below screenshot shows an example of freshly opened content with default side panel when viewed as an Explore page in our Hub.

BenjaminSkinner_0-1623460063039.png

I understand the side panel can be minimized by clicking the 'More Info' button, however we would prefer if the content was full screen to begin with, with side panel minimized, as this can take up valuable screen space.

I have checked the ArcGIS Hub settings but have yet to find anything promising.

Thank you,

Ben 

5 Replies
DylanT_EsriCanada
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenjaminSkinner, are you referring to when you open an item from your Hub page, like your StoryMap in your image? If so, it looks like this is expected behaviour as of a May a hub update:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-hub/announcements/announcing-new-and-improved-arcgi...

0 Kudos
BenjaminSkinner
New Contributor III

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your response.

Yes that is correct, I am referring to when an app (ie interactive map or story map) is opened from our Hub page. I guess I was hoping there was maybe a 'Minimize side panel by default' setting button somewhere that I had missed, but I have yet to find anything.

Thank you,

Ben

DylanT_EsriCanada
Esri Contributor

@BenjaminSkinnerYes, it doesn't appear there is an option for that, unfortunately. I would recommend creating an idea on the ArcGIS Hub Ideas page if you would like this functionality to be included.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

+1 for this idea. Our community users certainly don't want to see the information about when a map was last updated or who it is shared to. They want to see the map (or other app) they clicked to open.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Now added as an idea as I couldn't see it in the existing ideas: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-hub-ideas/minimize-quot-more-info-quot-side-panel-of-arcgis-hub...